The local planning authority is Cornwall Council who consults Altarnun Parish Council (APC) on planning applications within the Parish. APC is only one of a number of consultees and Cornwall Council may or may not take note of its comments. To see the APC comments on local planning applications go to the section at the foot of this page where you can enter an application number to view all the associated documents. Without the application number you can enter an address or postcode to see all the applications in that area and locate the one you are specifically interested in.
Altarnun Parish Council recognises that pre-application discussions play an important role in major planning applications. The Council is also aware of the importance of public perception in planning and the critical need to avoid any appearance that the Council is conducting secretive negotiations or colluding with developers. Accordingly we have adopted a protocol to deal with pre-application meetings and public consultations, as well as clearly defining individual councillors obligations under the Councils Code of Conduct. The protocol can be viewed under our Policies & Governance section.
Coronavirus Contingency Arrangements (Which will only apply in the absence of monthly council meetings or for exceptions due to operational and planning processes) Altarnun Parish Council has adopted the following arrangements:
- The Clerk will advertise a weekly planning list on the council’s website with links to all planning applications received from the planning authority, offering the public the opportunity to let her know of any views. There will be a deadline for public comments to the Clerk, in writing, of 5 working days from publication.
- At the same time the clerk will circulate the list with links to all members of the council for member comments.
- At the end of the public opportunity to comment, the Clerk will forward a summary of the public comments received to the council members for a period of a further 5 working days. Under GDPR, the Clerk will not circulate individual responses without the writer’s express permission.
- Under the Emergency Scheme of Delegation, the Clerk and appropriate members will agree a council response which identifies relevant material considerations and may give local information or opinion. The draft response is then shared with members for 2 days for any comments, before being sent to Cornwall Council with the following statement: “Due to the restrictions placed on the Parish Council as a result of the pandemic Coronavirus, this response represents the opinion of members of Altarnun Parish Council, identified through a consultation process and will be ratified at the next appropriate meeting of the council. “
- The Council’s response will then be posted on the Cornwall Council website, click full details link to see the post under the comments tab.
- If the matter is referred back to the council under the 5-day protocol, the Emergency Scheme of Delegation will allow the Clerk to take any appropriate action to respond on behalf of the council.
Planning Applications week ending 5th November 2020.
Application PA20/09222 Proposal Outline application with some matters reserved for the construction of a dwelling Location Land West Of Twin Trea, Trewint, Altarnun Applicant Mr A Smith
Altarnun Parish Council has submitted the following consultee comment: Altarnun Parish Council supports this application. Due to the restrictions placed on the council as a result of the pandemic Coronavirus, this response represents the opinion of members of Altarnun Parish Council identified through a consultation process and will be ratified at the next appropriate meeting of the council.
|App. No.||Proposal||Location||Validated||Status||Updated||Full Details|