The local planning authority is Cornwall Council who consults Altarnun Parish Council (APC) on planning applications within the Parish. APC is only one of a number of consultees and Cornwall Council may or may not take note of our comments. Go to the section below where you can enter an application number to view our comments and all the associated documents. Alternatively you can enter an address or postcode to see all the applications in that area and locate the one you are specifically interested in.
PRE APPLICATION PROCESS : Altarnun Parish Council recognises that pre-application discussions play an important role in the planning process. We are also aware of the importance of public perception in planning and the critical need to avoid any appearance that APC is conducting secretive negotiations or colluding with developers. Accordingly we have adopted a protocol to deal with pre-application meetings and public consultations, as well as clearly defining individual councillors obligations under the Councils Code of Conduct. The protocol can be viewed under Parish Council tab > Policies.
PLANNING AND COVID-19 CONTINGENCY ARRANGEMENTS: (Which will only apply in the absence of monthly council meetings or for exceptions due to operational and planning processes) APC has adopted the following arrangements:
- The Clerk will advertise a weekly planning list of planning applications received from the planning authority, offering the public the opportunity to let her know of any views. There will be a deadline for public comments to the Clerk, in writing, of 5 working days from publication. This list will appear after point 6 below.
- At the same time the clerk will circulate the list with links to all members of the council for member comments.
- At the end of the public opportunity to comment, the Clerk will forward a summary of the public comments received to the council members for a period of a further 5 working days. Under GDPR, the Clerk will not circulate individual responses without the writer’s express permission.
- Under the Emergency Scheme of Delegation, the Clerk and appropriate members will agree a council response which identifies relevant material considerations and may give local information or opinion. The draft response is then shared with members for 2 days for any comments, before being sent to Cornwall Council with the following statement: “Due to the restrictions placed on the Parish Council as a result of the pandemic Coronavirus, this response represents the opinion of members of Altarnun Parish Council, identified through a consultation process and will be ratified at the next appropriate meeting of the council. “
- The Council’s response will then be posted on the Cornwall Council website, click full details link to see the post under the comments tab.
- If the matter is referred back to the council under the 5-day protocol, the Emergency Scheme of Delegation will allow the Clerk to take any appropriate action to respond on behalf of the council.
|App. No.||Proposal||Location||Validated||Status||Updated||Full Details|